View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Yeah, the internet can be alarming! Easy to get freaked. We're blessed here with a very slow connection, which limits much of my browsing ability--and, simultaneously, reduces my stress by limiting my access to really scary info!

We were adopted by a cat in July--he also has feline herpes, chronic in his case, though, it appears. I was wondering about the timing of the diarrhea incident in your kitten--was that before or after he was started on the antibiotics? JD had a case of diarrhea during his first course of antibiotic. He also vomited. We weren't sure if it was the antibiotic, the fact that we were working on vaccinations at the time, the change in diet (from whatever he had been eating to the canned food we switched him to) or something else entirely, but the stool tested clean for parasites and the diarrhea cleared up when we started supplementing with FortiFlora probiotics. So maybe the diarrhea and vomiting in your kitty were due to something other than the presence of Coccidia...?

Hope your little guys are sneezing less and feeling better soon!

(Oh, and when they are, I hope you can treat us to a few pics of the little darlin's!! )

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."