Thread: RIP Dracko
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracko View Post
Not sure how many of you have encountered this when losing a pet, but I found I used Dracko names MANY times in usernames on the internet (as with this forum) as well as incorporated in to passwords. The passwords for our computers at my store for everyone includes Dracko's name (along with numbers). The day I lost him I went home and logged on to my internet banking for the store and, yup, included in the username I have saved the account under is "Dracko." Seems like everytime I turn around something reminds me of him or involves his name.

It's not all sad when I think of that, though. Lets me know how big of a part he played in my life. It's not like just cuz he's gone I have to remove everything about him. I washed out his water bowl and have filled it for the cats. They used to sneak drinks out of it all the time. At first I asked my nephew to put it out of my sight and then later I thought otherwise. Smitty has been sleeping on Dracko's bed so I've left that out, too.
:
I still use my old grrrl's name in passwords and online security questions that I established when she was alive and she's been gone fifteen years. And I've never changed passwords which incorporated Declan's either. It gave me "keyboard pause" for awhile and I would have to catch my breath and fight back the tears (still do sometimes) but they are tears of fond and loving memories now rather than those of loss and grief and my fingers tap a loving beat out there into cyberspace/ the ephemera.

There is no right way to heal Dracko, we do it each in our own way and in our own time.