View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Regardless of whatever breed is within your pup, he is absolutely gorgeous. Just keep the dog well socialized and well trained. We in rescue see too many lovely dogs euthanized because owners do not take full responsibility in ensuring their dogs are well trained. Some people believe that dogs require little exercise and socialization..their dogs get minimum. As a result, they abandon their animals and many are unnecessarily euthanized. When you own a power breed one must understand and be responsible in ensuring that they have well adjusted pups and adults. This is the key to having harmony with your furbabes.
Heed BenMax about socialization, my boy Clark was never properly socialized and I am very vigilant to keep him safe as well as others. It is an ongoing process. He is a sweetheart but you would never know it if you met him on the street. He is much better in a one on one situation when meeting new people, he gets very tense in crowds and will act aggressively. Much easier to start when they are young and you will have a great dog because well socialized they are great ambassadors for the breed.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog