View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Don't quote me on this as I am going from memory, which has certainly been known to be faulty, but... Apparently the adjuvant used with the 3yr. rabies is linked to cancerous tumours at the injection site. The one year shot does not use adjuvant (at least this one doesn't, maybe some do) so is deemed by some Veterinarians to be safer.

I was not charged for the vaccine they did not get, the rabies. I was not charged a fee for them to write the prescriptions, as I was at the last Vet. The last Vet charged me $17.50 for EACH prescription and it was still much cheaper to order through the on-line pharmacy. I was not charged at all for the dog who had his goobery eyes checked for a third time. And I learned that one medicine my cat with cholangial hepatitis is on is from bear gall bladder so we will be looking into finding an alternative for that as well. I won't buy glucosamine products made from shark cartilege so I am certainly unhappy to learn I've been promoting the slaughter of bears. But otherwise I am very happy.

Edited because I forgot to say, with the last Vet who did use the 3 yr. rabies the charge was the same whether they got it that year or not.

Oh, and wanna know what I paid for the cats' FVRCPC LV this year? $67.00/cat, including the cost of the office visit discounted for two. Last year I paid $90.23/cat and that was after discounting for three cats. So, last year (maybe with the stronger Canadian dollar some prices went down, eh?) I paid 34.68% more than this year at a new Vet.

Last edited by Longblades; May 16th, 2008 at 03:17 PM.