View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:32 PM

Anti biotic treatment for canine oral papilloma??

Hi there,
I posted a couple of days ago about my puppies warts. She has a lot of them, about 20 and they seem to be growing a bit, but not to the point that it's causing her any difficulty.

My vet initially said to just wait it out. I called her daycare and they said their vet recommends Varalyis. I called my Vet, she did some research and disagreed with the Varylis. She recommended an anti-biotic (as with people don't most Dr's say that anti biotics don't work for viruses??). I've done so much research and can't seem to find much about warts and antibiotics. I keep seeing things on message boards about l lysine? But am not sure about the dosage for a 35 pound puppy? Any suggestions?

I know they are not life and death, but I think we should keep her out of daycare until they subside and we all love that she can go there. It poops her out, we get a day a week that we don't need to run home and let her out. Also, you just never know when/if we'll need to board her and we'd hate to lose that as an option for a few months.

Any suggestions?? Thanks SO much in advance!