View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Senior Contributor

It was a co-incidence my boy was diagnosed. We were going to a distant Vet for ortho rehab and they took a blood draw which showed ever lower albumin levels. As if to collaborate with them my dog started another bout of diarrhoea. This was after seemingly having recovered from his first extremely scary first bout of diarrhoea and moving, successfully we thought, to a completely raw diet which he he'd been going very well on for 5 months. Longer if you in the long transition period.

His own Vet, by then the new one, the Holistic/Integrative one, was very upset she had not discovered this herself but he'd been slated for blood work in a few months and it's just a quirk the rehab people jumped the gun and did it first. A lucky quirk for us. We were at the ortho rehab in the first place due to her recommendation so it was nice for me that the two Vet clinics co-operated with each other.

Now that I have found that Lymphangiectasia FB I posted for you earlier it is apparent to me that we have been incredibly lucky. My boy seems to be one of the few who has been able to resume a fairly normal life, regular diet and not too many meds, which for him are TCM.

I subscribe to Dogs Naturally Magazine (which I take with a grain of salt) and receive regular emails from them, as well as the magazine. This came in an email today. I don't why they call it a workbook; it's just information, nothing for you to work through. But it is interesting and it is free. The emails are free too.

I was going to give you the link but I have already downloaded mine so the link doesn't go to the same place it should for you. If you google Dogs Naturally Magazine Leaky Gut Workbook I hope it comes up.