View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Wayward Family Cats Mommy

I got in long enough to read your post yesterday but by the time I started trying to post a reply, the server was busy.

Anyway, here's what I'd written.

Growler, you've been unbelievably helpful already! I can't thank you enough.

His breathing has been really, really bad the past couple of days and I don't think he's feeling very well although he's not throwing up. I still use the inhaled steroids when needed so he got a few huffs yesterday and he started today with one as well.

I like the idea of the Omega3 supplement - his coat's been in pretty bad shape lately. I've been brushing him to keep it smooth but it's kind of stringy and greasy.

He really is difficult with the quality of life question. Up until yesterday (when he seemed to start feeling sort of crappy again), he's been very happy and relaxed - much different then when he was under daily pill routines! I've had cats that have taken a lot more treatment with a lot less stress than him, but with Oscar, I think he prefers to live sans medicine as much as possible.

He's hilarious about eating. I feed the cats on a table and his favorite way to eat is to stand with his back legs on a chair and eat off the table. We joke that that must be how we look to him when we sit around a table to eat. Needless to say, this means he's pretty upright while he eats!

Anyway, here's a picture I took of him when I was working from home and he was impersonating the keyboard.
Attached Images