View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choochi View Post
[B]RE contacting a manufacturer to see how long the vaccines are good for, there's no point.
Possibly this is a reflection of my comment on contacting the manufacturer. Choochi is correct. But I meant something different. I meant how long the manufacturer warrants it for. How long it remains effective does indeed vary.

The guarantee you get from the manufacturer of the vaccine will be warranted for a certain number of years. As said above, Choochi said, some Vets will tell you the animal needs to be re-vaccinated sooner that the manufacturer says. This happened to me. My dog got his DA2PP in 2009 and the certificate said it was good for 2 years. In two years, 2011, I declined that vaccination even though My Vet pressured me to have it administered. I told him I was going to the 3 year protocol and I refused it. THEN my Vet told me it was warranted now for three years anyway. I checked on-line with the manufacturer and the vaccine given in 2009 was indeed warranted for 3 years instead of 2. AND my 2011 certificate said the 2009 shot was not due till 2012. When I declined it again.