View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2018, 01:37 AM

Can you give an update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL56 View Post
I have a 12-year-old indoor male tabby whose hind legs suddenly became weak this past November. He can walk okay and jump a little, but he is unsteady on his feet on softer surfaces such as a couch or bed. He was quite the jumper and very agile and graceful before. For good reason, I was and am very disturbed by this turn of events.

I took him to my regular vet, who did a physical, a complete blood workup, a toxoplasmosis test, complete X-rays, and a heart sonogram (he has a tiny heart murmur that would not cause his hind leg weakness). Nothing showed up, to my total dismay. I then took him to a feline neurologist, who examined and gave him all sorts of reflex tests (the same as you would a human). Again, nothing. He said he could do an MRI but wasn't sure that he would find anything. Those are pretty expensive tests (approximately $2,000 in the Northern Virginia area), so I am still pondering about whether to have one done.

Another poster indicated that his kitten was eating litter; I know for a fact that mine is not and I don't think he has fallen or hurt himself in any way because he has never cried in pain or indicated that he is hurting, nor is he tender to the touch.

My Boy is holding his own and is happy, eating normally, loving, engaged and engaging, and doing very well--except that he is now somewhat lame. I am terribly worried that whatever is wrong with him will become full blown and either paralyze him completely or kill him out of the blue. I have been doing lots of research online and can't find anything.

Please, if anyone has any idea of what might be wrong with him or where I can turn to get information, please post something. I love this cat so much and my heart is breaking. Thank you.
Can you tell me what you found or what happened to your cat? Mine is experiencing the same symptoms and has a slight heart murmur....she is about 15 years old.