View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Hi patti!!

I don't know that mine would be considered unbiased as I just love her and the work she has done
BUT... I would absolutely reccomend Dr. Dodds for a number of reasons. Her lifes work has been the study of the canine immune system, thyroid and vaccines. Not only is the test that she does is more in-depth than the general labs (she reviews the full blood panel as well and uses the results for a more accurate thyroid panel), but she also tailors the results to the breed, which none of the labs do. What may be within a normal range for one breed may be too high or too low for a different breed. What may look high or low could be influenced by something else going with the dog, which she looks for as well. She also includes her findings and reccomendations for the individual dog. It costs us $180 each time, but is worth it IMO. You can have the blood drawn at your vet then send it off yourself. It's quite a bit cheaper if you do. We sent her Nookies past CBC's, she reviewed them and then did her own thyroid panel. She doesn't charge any extra to do it and she will also keep in contact with you by email. I was amazed at how accessible she is

I'm sorry Sasha is having issues
But I'm glad Buddy boy is doing well!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012