Thread: We got Earwigs
View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Angry We got Earwigs

Or as I like to call them...EWWWWWIGS !

DH and I have rarely been home this summer, with going to Toronto in June and then relatives were visiting our hometown for 2 weeks.

It was about a week after we got back that I discovered them in the yard,basement and 3-5 have been spotted upstairs. Even though I normally refrain from killing bugs (Hubby tosses spiders outside when they are spotted), I get really paniky when I see EWwigs . I know it's silly to be afraid of bugs and (as far I know) EWwigs don't bite, but I can't help it. They gross me out. I'm having people over Monday so the EWwigs must be stopped! .

End of June and mid July we got a lot of rain and the dehumidifier broke in my basement, so I think maybe that's what attracted them. They also like the dog food bowls so I have picked the bowls up when the dogs are done eating. I'm doing a massive top to bottom cleaning of my house and yard. I have also made sure the windows and doors are tightly closed.

I know there are chemicals to kill earwigs but that is really not an option. Is there any easy way I can kill the Earwigs pesticide free? or should I trap them? anyone know some good traps?

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu