View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincymycat View Post
Insane?? Absolutely not. You are not the only one who cant understand "why" and obsesses over what "could have been".
Thank you for being there, for her sake. She had a collar and bell...she did at one point belong to someone. Maybe she got out and her owners are wondering where she could be...maybe she was dumped.
You will likely never know...but what you did made a difference. She did not die alone.
Thank you...I really mean it.

RIP little kitty
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, but what I don't understand is the intensity of the feelings, ugh, I don't know how to explain it...
I would do anything for an animal...domesticated or otherwise...I have even sat a few feet away talking to a dying coyote, blubbering away, telling it how sorry I was...I would've gladly held it in my arms but I doubt it would've allowed it without causing me bodily harm. But I approached as close as I could and just talked to it, crying wishing I could do something.
I felt intense physical and emotional pain, watching this animal die, this can't be normal!
This is seriously hard for me to admit, I won't say I'm embarrassed by it, because I'm not but Ido believe there is something more to this than an animal passing, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I would suspect some people are going to think that perhaps I'm slightly deranged because of it.
The same person that said animals die get over it, also said, if they had to choose between the life of a child and a dog, they wouldn't choose the dog, well....I have to admit that I would probably choose the dog ...I suppose most of you reading this are going... but if I'm going to be completely honest about this then I'm putting it out there.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that animals seem to unfortunately be at the mercy of humans, I don't know...maybe I am just crazy.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)