View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamom View Post
Thanks Bailey

We have always wanted two Shibas but thought waiting until he was an adult would be a good idea. I suppose he looked bored today and he was tugging at my heart strings
I totally understand. Obviously if bringing home another dog is something you and your family want to consider then totally go for it, just be careful for the reasons!
My labradoodle was just 8 months old when we decided to adopt Blaze, a three year old mix, and they are best of friends. We didn't do it however to give Bailey a friend, we did it to give a dog in need a home.

Getting a second dog brings double the work into a home and generally dogs will play with one another, that is true, but they still look to their owners for attention, which a lot of people forget. A second dog isn't just going to entertain your first and vice versa, all the time..or even most of the time. You will simply have another face that wants your attention and your love and your time with training.

If you do decide to bring another dog into your home, I highly reccomend adopting from a local rescue. Our experience has been wonderful, and we truly don't know what we would do without Blaze...even though she isn't a certain 'breed', she's just herself and that is what makes her so special!

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)