View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Reply to Sugarcatmom

Thanks for responding...Prior to the extractions, my cat would hardly eat anything until after he rec'd a steriod injection. She prefers Hills Science Diet dry food until the inflammation flares, so at that point, I introduce Sheba canned shredded chicken, which is just ok, (just laps the sauce) and also canned Fancy Feast. Basically, anything wet and soft just to get some nutrients in the hungry cat. Kitty has had some long spells when she would not eat because of the situation with the gums!!

The cat is at the vet still, and I will bring her home today! I'm worried because I know she prefers dry vs. wet food. I'll ask the vet, but I'm trying to get a sense of how long it really takes for the gums to heal and hardened in order to tolerate the dry food. And do you know of a good canned variety that my cat might have an appetite for? This is going to be interesting. I just hope extracting the teeth is going to cure her condition. The vet just referred to it as gingivitis. I am going to ask if they found any lesions when they extracted the teeth.

It is really nice to get some support out here on the internet. Thank you!
I await your response...