View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
I tell children all the time not to pet Shadow, but Halo would love their attention. Occasionally they don't like that and they seem to focus on Shadow so I have to be more aggressive in my responses with them. Shadow did kids and now she's done with them. She doesn't bite, she just tries to hide, but she will snap loudly if they push her. That will usually deter the kids too! And their parents!

Reminds me of the one about the fellow standing outside a store with a dog sitting beside him. Somebody approaches them and asks the man "Does your dog bite?" The guy says no, so the stranger reaches out to pet the dog. The dog bites him. The stranger says to the man "You told me your dog doesn't bite!" The man replies "That's not my dog."
LOL That sort of happened to us. We walked to the store from my Mum's house and picked up a big loose GSD along the way. He sat outside the store and while we located our milk and bread I noticed a man who had paid as we entered was hovering near the door. I caught his eye and he said, indicating the dog, "That's OK, I'll just wait till you're ready to leave." He was afraid to go out. Poor man, he looked even more worried when I told him it wasn't our dog, it had followed us. I did go out and talk to the dog so the man could get into his car. And escape.