View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Animals Are My Life <3

LP & Frenchy, I was under the assumption that she was perfectly healthy when she had all those tests done last time. The vet tech said she appeared healthy but would that they be running additional tests. Monday was to tell me the details of the results of her tests. I wasn't in a stable emotional mood to hear everything he said in regards to the test results, but the bottom line is she has cancer, it's in her lungs and will soon make her very uncomfortable. She's lost weight (she was 7lbs at Christmas, is 4.5 lbs now), and is sleeping all the time. The vet (same vet throughout the whole process), said that her extreme incontinence may be a result of her body wearing down trying to fight the illness. Basically she's exhausted (and sleeping so much) that she may not realize that she has lost her bowels or bladder.

Obviously I was sorely mistaken by what the vet said originally. To me it sounded like she was perfectly healthy I feel horrible that I didn't go see him or call him again sooner, to hear what he had to say.

Not sure how long Majik has, but we are keeping her as comfortable as we can. She's getting spoiled with all kinds of foods (chicken is her favorite), as much canned food as she wants, etc. She's sleeping in the bedroom with us, so she is away from the other pets. She's peed on our bed a few times, so I put one of those plastic bed liners on it for now. She doesn't seem aware of a whole lot, I have to put her nose right on her food, otherwise she bites me, lol.

I am kicking myself in the bottom right now. All the other kids have vet appointments in 2 weeks to check for everything, just in case. I would hate to have this happen to another of my babies because I was too busy with my own life to notice something was off with one of them

Last edited by marko; August 26th, 2010 at 09:36 AM.