View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2017, 03:02 AM

Wow MaxaLisa - I wish I had your knowledge and expertise. I feel totally lacking in how to help Millie. I want to do the right thing but I just don't know what the right thing is for her. I look at her and feel I'm letting her down and I almost envy people who get a clear diagnosis on their dog, as they know or can find out what to do. That sounds as if I am wishing there is something wrong with her but I'm not. I just know something is causing her skin to blacken and her hair to fall out in patches but nothing is showing definitively in her blood or any of the tests she has had.
Now her vet is saying that her skin condition and the trembling in her back legs (now spreading to her front as well) could simply be age related. I just think he's saying that as he can't diagnose her and he admits that she has him beaten as he come up with nothing.
At the moment all I am doing is bathing her twice weekly in Duxuo Pyoderm shampoo and I have started her on Udo's oil daily for her skin plus SolidGold Seameal. Her breath has become really bad again (it had settled a bit) so maybe one or both is causing that.
I am so frustrated with it all - I just feel that I'm shooting in the dark and very likely leaving something untreated in my precious little girl.
Jazz sounds adorable! My Fonzie is a bit like that - he'll eat anything if we share it together! He's convinced he's human and everyday I find myself agreeing with him more and more!!! Thankfully he's health and happy - although a bit overweight so that's something we need to address, much to his disgust!!!