View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver8 View Post
I got a PM suggesting Special Kitty that is sold at wal-mart, there is a type that doesn't have by-products. Around $.053 per can, feeding 1.5 cans per day. I'll take a look next time I'm there.
Just a word on that. Someone earlier this year did a thread about this food. Because Special Kitty has been involved with so many recalls I said I would not try it for my cats. At that time the WM I went to did not carry this new line of food. When they got it in I tried it to see what the cats thought. The ingredient list seemed ok except for the "meat" gravy I think it said. I bought numerous cans of this food. Over time the cats showed no interest in eating it. I noticed one thing that was rather disturbing about it. If it sat out for a while (1 - 2 hours) the gravy congealed and got a white scum over it. It also smelled pretty nasty once this happened. That was enough to turn me off buying it.
WM also has a line of raw. For my money what they have available for cats is way too overpriced and filled with too many things cats don't want.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!