View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

IM sorry but after just reading through this post, i cant help but wonder seriously, i believe a huge part in dental health depends on genetics, my Nikita is fed PEDIGREE for gosh sakes and her teeth are pearly white at 3 years old, not to mention that brushing her teeth is out of the question!!! I have never successfully managed to do it , so instead i keep a close eye on them. She does however chew, LOTS of bones. and not the fancy dancy ones that are $20 at the pet stores, NO im talking Moose/Bear/Cow legs!!! Come hunting season NOTHING goes to waste!!! All meat is consumed by US and bones by the dogs!! Pelts are tanned and used for many things too. Gloves boots, hats and so on! Call us barbaric if you like but thats a whole nother thread. Back to the topic on hand,
I believe that a dog who is cared for at all, will have less of a chance of looking as bad as that poor dog. I would spend the hundreds of dollars to clean my dogs teeth in a heart beat, I have an obsession with my teeth so why not theirs?