View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Question.Are you getting this kitten from a breeder?

If so,this breeder would be most happy to tell you everything there is to know about the health and care of this breed.They will tell you what foods are the best for this breed.Have you done a ton of research on this breed of cat?

Now remember every kitten/cat owner does things differently.

I have been a cat owner for many many years.When my cats were kittens I fed them kitten food.Both canned and dry.And I still do.And my male will be 2 Sept 1st,and my female is 17 months.

When they were kittens I fed them canned 3 times a day(still do).But they only get about a teaspoon.And I left out dry also(still do)My cats are not gluttens when it comes to eating.And they are not overweight.I switched to adult when they were a year.As for the feeding dishes,I have small ones.You can pick them up at your pet supply store.Ask them about it,they will be glad to help.

Also,I suggest you pick up a scratching post.Mine is the kind that they can go inside a snooze if they want.

Pick up lots of toys.Kittens love to play.My Male loves chasing the lazer light.My female couldn't care.LOL.She would rather chase the heck out of my male.She tries with the dog,but he wants nothing to do with her.

Also,have you heard the saying that two is better than one?....