View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG, we should hook up your kitty with my Peppercorn. They sound like they were separated at birth (right down to the pawing at me while I'm on the computer. And his meow - oh good lord, his MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW). The thing is, Peppercorn lives with 3 other cats, including his brother that he loves to wrestle and race around with, so he has lots of avenues of entertainment. But when hubby and I come home from work he wants our undivided attention. He's like a little kid going "Mommymommymommymommymommymommy lookatme lookatme lookatme lookatme lookatme MOMMOMMOMMOMMOM MOOOOOOOM. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm probably not the best person to give you advice on this matter . However, what sometimes satiates Peppercorn is to play with him with his favourite toy (a furry mouse thing on a fishing rod, which he's rather OCD about) for even just 5 minutes (basically, not a big session but a quickie to get his ya-yas out and hopefully tide him over until later in the evening). Then give him a treat or a little snack, put away the toy, and completely ignore further plees until his regularly scheduled bedtime play time. If you find something that works for you and your kitty, let me know!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler