View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM

SugarcatMom....THANK YOU!!!!

Hi SugarcatMom:

Thank you so very much for the wealth of information you've provided me with. I have just bookmarked both the sites you've given me and as soon as I'm finished with this reply, I'm heading to both sites to read thru them.

Snoopy has always eaten dry food. So, when he comes home should I slowly switch him over to canned wet food? If I switch, how many days should I continue with the dry and wet food until I give him only the wet? What brand and how much would you recommend I give him? Snoopy is the first cat we've owned and I don't know alot about cats but have a wealth of information about dogs, so I sincerely appreciate all the advice I can get about Snoopy.

I'm not quite sure I completely understand what you mean about not making any diet changes unless I'm home checking Snoopy's BG? Are you saying I should not change his food for awhile? What is a normal BG for cats?

I'm very happy to hear that Aztec has done so well!!! That makes me feel a whole lot better, considering he too must have been 10 years old when he was diagnosed?

Snoopy is also staying at the vets because we called back later today and asked them to please check his teeth because his breath has also been foul, foul, foul?

I will most definitely let you know the type and amount of insulin when I find out Wednesday.

Thank you again for providing me with so much information! Like I've said before, the nicest, most caring and compassionate people on earth are pet lovers!!