View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I don't blame you for being suspicious - it's smart to be suspicious these days. You are smart to read labels carefully - they are written by experts for the purpose of selling the product, NOT informing the consumer in many cases. Vague words are often used when there is something less desirable about the product.

It's not cheap but we use yesterday's news which is made WITH recycled newspaper.

I just researched it and i thought it was made exclusively FROM recycled newspaper. Immediately that brings up the fact that Mcdonald's uses 100% pure beef....but they never tell how much of that beef they use. Maybe it's 1% - no idea.

I haven't verified the authenticity of this email supposedly coming from Nestle...but it seems about right given the vague use of the word "with" on their packaging.

so do read the labels for yourself

(sorry for going a bit off-topic)

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate your interest in our products. Our Purina(r) Yesterday's News(r) brand Cat Litter Made with Recycled Paper - Unscented - Original Texture consists of 50% Recycled Paper (Newspaper, Magazine, Office Paper, Kids Homework, Corrugated Cardboard Material) and 50% Wood Pulp (Hard and Soft Wood). Please know that our scented variety does contain Myacide, which is an antimicrobial agent used to prohibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Again, thank you for visiting our website.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter