Thread: Dog dementia
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2015, 12:41 PM

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

She did recently sleep in our room but now she is just outside our door. Mainly because she was pacing back and forth around our bed and usually getting stuck by our night stands. She can still see us from her bed and she has access to the kitchen but we thought limiting her roaming area might help us sleep better and help prevent her from getting stuck. Her confusion and circling seems to prevent her from getting back on her bed. During the day, she doesn't have this problem. She paces some but is able to navigate the house and outdoors fine and doesn't get stuck in the circling pattern as she does ąt night. I compare it to sundowners in humans.

She gets a natural diet and has had essential oils for most of her life.She gets some coconut oil and cycles through krill and flax. I recently purchased some herring roe oil with higher DHA levels so feel she is well oiled but will check out the moxxar.

Cholodin is one I haven't tried yet. I do give phosphatidylserine (PS) which is another phosphlipid with vitamin b6 like in a product called senilife but should try some of the other ones like choline. I will look into the homeopathic again as well. At one point we were using nux vomica, maybe I should go back to that again. Pain meds too - I haven't really gotten any although my vet has suggested meloxicam. I do give a small dose of aspirin once in awhile but know these things can be tough on a tummy so have tried to avoid them. She still moves around pretty well but has lost muscle in her hindend. I imagine she is in discomfort but don't notice any panting or whimpering like our younger dog showed with her arthritis.

I hate to say it but I feel that maybe nothing will work at this late stage.

Sorry I haven't connected here in so long,