View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Ok got back from the vet about an hour ago, sorry for the delay in posting back. Vet has no idea but is suspecting allergies. My dog is a vegetarian because he's allergic to meat. Eats meat and gets mega diarrhea. Due to this I monitor very carefully what he eats and I haven't fed him anything new lately. He might have snuck a treat at the dog park on Sunday but for it to take over 36 hours to manifest is unlikely. You give him meat and pretty much 3 hours later your knee deep in doggy doodoo.

She gave him a shot of cortisone and benedrile. He took a nap and now for the last 20 minutes has been trying to drink. I fill up the bowl and he just sits there licking away but no water is ingested. I have to refresh the water every few minutes because he's drooling profusely into the bowl. The vet did say that the drool is weird in itself because it's foamy and not clear. So he can't eat and can't drink and it's been over 2 hours since he got his allergy shot. I'm guessing we can rule out allergies. Not sure what else is left but I hope it's not bad and will go away quickly.

We have another visit with the vet at 3PM to verify how everything is going. I'm more panicked now then I was before. His mouth is alway open as if the inside is puffy or he simply can't breath from the nose. I'm just not used to him being sick, he's always healthy. Vet said if he's still drooling a lot she can give him a shot that will reduce the drool. I'm worried that will simply mask the problem.

Any advice?