View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
I will Barkingdog. Nothing much new on the Cushings front just yet. Have not done the next blood test to "confirm" the disease. That will cost $220. Which is fine, but I do need to find out what the treatment costs are going to be. The vet agree's that the monthly $250 per month in blood work is out of line for most people, so we would just watch clinical signs, but I do want to know the cost of the drugs. If it's prohibitive I may have to look at alternative treatments. The stilbesterol she is taking is costing $100/month now (it used to be so much cheaper...), and they just brought me in a bottle of the Proin for better muscle control, and that is $95.00 for a four day supply - well yeah, that's not working for me either!!! Seriously vet costs are a little out of control. What good does it do to have all this available if the average pet owner can't afford it. Rant over. Sorta.
I agree and feel the same about vets bills being too high for the average pet owners . Poor Halo how is she feeling right now?