View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver8 View Post
I doubt most shelters have that much option though, which is part of my point.

a) That I don't think it's fair to slam on people for what they feed their cat if there is no cruelty involved - it just turns them OFF to everything this site might have to say, honestly. The first few replies to a post wondering why IAMS was not on the shelves were basically "good, that stuff is crap anyway". Do you think most people read further after that? The OP might have just wanted a reply to his question and if he'd gotten it might have read more onto the site.

Then they should ask the store why they don't have it in stock ,not us. I only think it's a good thing because in my opinion, it is a poor quality food for cats.

b) The shelter I volunteer at has investigated IAMS and feeds IAMS, and they have decided to acknowledge the past transgressions and accept evidence of change as acceptable. If there was evidence of something new going on, I know they would love to hear it. But I doubt they have the resources to spend on other foods right now based on old info that isn't currently going on.
Ummmmmm, sounds like a conflict of interest. They are getting low cost or free food and reporting on how the company operates.

I just can't think of any company as being ethical when the are producing food that is not in the best interests of the animals it is intended for. It really makes me angry that the companies are making this poor quality food for people who have put their trust in them. That is cruel!!!!!!!!! to both humans and the pets.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey