View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:22 PM

Goldendoodles are not a breed. They are a mix of Golden Retriever and Poodle, most still are. Some people have been trying for a while to make these dogs into an actual breeder and have been breeding Goldendoodles to Goldendoodles, but so far I am yet to hear of one responsible breeder in Ontario who does this right and health test the breeding dogs. If some one told them that they are more healthy and do not shed or are hypo alergenic, they are being misled. Since they are mixes, you can end up with any combination of traits from either of the parents. Some are more like goldens and shed a lot some are more like poodles and shed less.

They do pop up in rescues and shelters quite often. Some can be pretty energetic and people find them hard to manage and they get rid of them. If I wanted to find one in rescue, I would be looking on Petfinder.com

Perhaps show them that site and let them browse through the hundreds of dogs that are in local shelters and rescues, some are pretty darn cute, maybe they'll find some thing they like.