View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2017, 12:03 AM

Hazel:

Been giving your situation some more thought. Because JD is only 6 pounds - didn't realize he was that small - maybe it would be best to give him 2 vertebra at a time to start and see how he handles it.

Basically what you're wanting to do is stimulate the chewing action on the meat and sinews that connect the bone, to help clean the teeth, exercise the jaw, and stimulate the blood flow through the gums. This in turn will help to relieve infection around the teeth and strengthen his gums.

You really don't want him to be over indulging on bone because it will have a tendency to harden up the stool when he has a bowel movement due to the Calcium content.

I will be making turkey later this week and I will try a turkey neck as well with BB.

I'm going to check with our butcher to find out why they have quit including the giblets with the chickens. I did ask this question a few years back, but I can't remember what the answer was for sure. I think it is a health issue, but not sure. But we do have the ability to buy heart, liver, and gizzards separately in the stores here.