View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
I think we agree to disagree here longblades - I don't see how you can say J. is threatening her based on the info presented. (You'd have to know the dog's state of mind to be sure about this).
Sure it's possible, as anything is possible - but the written facts as i read them aren't strong enough for such an emphatic conclusive statement.

I wholeheartedly agree that J. should become the main caregiver or at least split it 50/50. Group obedience training also highly recommended as is more patience. The dragging by J. doesn't sound like a great idea at this point.

You sound like a wonderful furmamma elseesmom! It sounds to me like your dooger is coming around and just needs a bit more time.
I can see where longblades is coming from, I really don't think his owners really know where her state of mind is yet and Elsee seem unsure of herself too. No one know what kind treatments the dog got in the puppy mill . It really sound like the poor puppy need to learn how to 'act' like a puppy. A puppy playgroup would really be great for her, she will learn doggies social skills and start to gain some confidence in herself. I brought my dog Marty to a doggies playgroup and he had an evaluation to see how he would get alone with other dogs. Marty gain more confidence in himself going to playgroup , and he is there right now. I do know one thing we all hope for the best for Elsee and her family .

She is part Beagle and I feel the first commands she should is sit, stay and have a good recall and not be allowed to run free as once a Beagle pick up an interesting smell they're gone.