View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

What a handsome boy

We use the same words for potty training!! My opinion and what has worked for me is this you keep saying go peepee again and again until he pees then reward and make a big deal about it...Jump up and down if you have to or yes good boy!! whatever works for him to understand that is what you want him to do. Any time his nose goes to the ground and he starts to go yes praise praise and praise. I also used to start talking as soon as they let me know to go outside...I would say do you have to go pee pee or do your business...and mine eventually got excited as I was asking and then they would go and and I would praise...
On a walk if they havent gone pretty quickly I begin talking and asking do you have to go pee pee and so on....he will get it eventually just time and yes patience LOL

I also used bells on the door knob once my girl had the basics down so she could tell me when she needed to go outside. It works too...My Sophie was funny though she started ringing the bells quite frequently just so she could go outside and play LOL

Best of luck
Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown