View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM

I think part of the problem is that when you always wear the same perfume, your nose becomes ammune to it....so you apply more because you can't smell it. Meanwhile everyone around you is dying. Many years ago my mom had that problem...she loved the prefume Poison(purple bottle as there is/was two different ones) she'd wear it everyday, so eventually she couldn't really smell it anymore. We could...well I just put it on thats why you smell it so much. Well one of her co-workers is very sensitive to smells but too nice to say anything. One day someone with overpowering perfume came into the office so she said something to my mom how smelly the person was and how it affected her...prompted my mom to ask about her perfume, which of course made her ill. So from that day forward a little dab will do and she even switched to a lighter perfume and checks with her when she changes scents, if it makes her ill she won't wear it anymore.

I think people should be told or hinted at, I know if my scent was making people ill I would want to know, whether it be perfume or b.o(of course some jobs are stinky so you can't help it).

Everyone has a right to public transportation but they have to follow rules and if someone is going to make other passangers uncomfortable etc... I think the operator of the transportation has a right to refuse service, especially if it is going to impair him/her from doing their job.