View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

to you Jewels526. I that when the kittens have been retested there will be a different outcome. Is it advisable to test again so soon? If your vet said 3 to 4 weeks I would be tempted to wait till then to give the virus a chance to run its' course.
I am afraid I would be in the percentile that would let the kittens live their lives to the best of their ability. Once they started showing signs of being really ill I would euthanize. But I am a huge believer in quality of life. If they are doing fine and don't seem to be suffering I would let them be.
As Dr Lee said, the risks of your adult cats catching it is minimal. You are keeping them separated from the kittens so I don't see the need to rehome. The kittens could live out their lives very happily in one room if they proved positive. As long as they are cared for and loved they wouldn't ask anything else.
I will keep your kittens in my prayers.