View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
I think part of having a dog park in the first place...is that surprise surprise....it's meant for dogs.... it is not meant for people's kids under say age 9-10.

Yes it's legal to bring them there but it's a BAD idea. It's also legal for kids to go to restaurants made for adults...that too should be illegal.

Kids under 6 should only be allowed in 1 restaurant.....the one with the swings and golden arches and addictive chemicals in their food

Unfortunately, plenty of burnt out parents also have burnt out brain cells so they bring their kids to places they don't belong without thinking of the consequences to their kids or other people.

Because of this....clear signs in the case of a dog park saying that this is not a good place for kids couldn't hurt.

So to summarize...no kids under 6 in dog parks and the only restaurant they should be allowed in has clowns.
My city allowed dogs to run free certain hours of the days , there are no fences to keep the dogs in one place . They can run in the parks as long as it not in the playground . We have a park that a very popular place to walk it trails and people will bring their kids with them , and dogs will be running lose being dogs ,jumping , barking, etc. I think the idea is insane! The city does not allowed dogs off their leashes near the playground for small kids
but it OK to have dogs running lose in the park with small kids around.
This just does not made sense to me.