View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Pumpkin' Dumplin' Gang

Yep, been there.

When I lived in an apartment I always opted out of the rabies vaccine. Both cats strictly indoors, I lived on the top floor, no possible way for my two to get out in the wild.

I still got their yearly shots ( well Amos did, Phoebe can not be vaccinated she is horribly allergic) Amos's shots were 76.00 no rabies.

When I moved into my house I took Amos and got his rabies, it was time for his shots. The bill with vaccs including rabies......54.00.

I asked the vet where the 22.00 difference went.....he said you included rabies. Ummm so wouldn't that make it more? He said no, I was being charged a penalty for not admistoring the rabies vacc before. He said that he believed that all animals should be vaccinated against rabies.

I agree that the rabies vacc is needed now......I live in a very wild life populated area now. Raccoons, skunks and foxes everyday in my yard. They now is a possiblitiy that Amos could get out. But I don't think it was fair that I was penalized for not over vaccinating my cat.
3+ cats......Surround sound