View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I think if it were me, I'd move them but then I do not know the entire physical lay out of where you live or what wildlife and so forth might be lurking. I lived through several litters of "barn cats' - some my grandmother never knew were even there just because they had a farm - and she always spayed and neutered even before it was promoted (think 30 yrs ago!) and this mama left her babies in one of the lofts and never returned. We think she was probably killed on the road or who even knows but we had more babies to bottle feed (we did that all too often as well) and these babies did not have their eyes open yet. So, I guess I am thinking of that experience when I write this. I also had one cat I took in when I was an adult, a so called "stray" who was pregnant and got out and we think maybe caught in a garage and so more bottle feeding for a few nites till she returned - never to see a door again let me assure you!! Knowing what I know now, I am only thankful she did not come out pregnant!! So, if you can somehow move them - mama will NOT be pleased, they never are - but if you have a safer place for them ,you might try taking them there - even if she tries to move them again - because doubtless, she will do that! They will be much safer than being in a less protected place or what sounds like it - as I say, I do not know how your area is spaced out.

Good luck and keep up the good work!!! You might also check to make sure all the babies are getting their share of milk. There is often one who for whatever reason does not. They usually survive -even as the runt of the litter 0 but we always wold give the little ones some extra cat milk. (NOT cow's milk!!! - a special formula we made ourselves and later when it was commercially available, milk for kittens,)