View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2019, 02:52 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Yeah, we have a human attitude problem, too. It's legal to shoot stray cats on your property in WI--they're considered exotic invasives and it's allowed to protect the native birds... I know of at least one person in the township who does shoot them on sight.

Have you seen your little guy since you released him back into the yard? Also, does your shelter help defray the cost of the neuter? When we manage to catch one out here, we have to swallow the cost of the initial vetting ourselves. I think Midnight cost us upwards of $200 to get vetted! And that didn't include a neuter, which was done after the clinic offered to take him in and get him adopted out through their county shelter. I consider it money well-spent, since it makes it more likely for a shelter to be willing to take him in, but it's not something we can do everyday. Thankfully, it's normally a once in two or three years prospect, as opposed to 2 or 3 times a year...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."