View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
First I have to say "No" you're not odd for liking cats , I know guys that have cats for pets. . If your disability is noticeable I think what the rescue is putting you through is very wrong. Do you think that is one reason you're having a hard time getting your cats back? I am asking because I am thinking maybe center for independent living could help you find a lawyer.
This whole thing is so heartbreaking to hear for you and the cats and her kittens. I hope you'll find a way to get your pets back.
Hmm.. I have no idea how to phrase this. lol. I was going to say I'm one of the lucky ones without a physical disorder but that is wrong to say in more ways than one. My disabilities are mental, but nothing scary.

I have GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder), PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), Social Anxiety Disorder, and Depression. Basically it means that I do NOT like to leave my house.
Princess was brought to my attention by a neighbourhood Tom. I leave dry food out for the cats that live in our area. He's a very, very friendly guy and pretty vocal when he wants patting. One day he showed up for food with Princess (unnamed at that time) in tow. She was very shy and reluctant to come near me. So the next day I picked up some cans of Friskies from the convenience store and when they made their nightly appearance I gave them each a can. A week or so later, Princess came inside my house and has never tried to leave. She became very clingy, but she was pregnant so I let her be. I used to put a pillow on my lap so she could sleep on me when I was on the computer. I cleared out my closet for her and placed down a lot of linens on the floor for her to have as a birthing space. However, when she went into labour at 3am on June 24th 2012, she chose to come into my bed. Now, I'm a nice guy and all, but I carefully took her to the place I had prepared for her. I sat with her until 8am, making sure she was comfortable. Petting her and encouraging her during the birth of her babies. (I may have also taken pictures, but don't let her know, k?)

I've just realized that this has absolutely nothing to do with your question. Sorry about that. I was going to delete it but then I realized my ramblings are a sign of my disorders. My OCD isn't a physical thing, it's a mental thing... I have thoughts that get stuck in my head like a skipping record and I tend to pay too much attention to them. The Anxiety colours things too. Something that would make someone slightly nervous, or stressed are multiplied 10 fold for me. So I obsess over the condition and treatment of my cats when they're not in my care. This stresses me out, which for me is a bad thing. It means I have to take medication more frequently than I would otherwise need to.

Grr... once again rambling. lol. So, um, no... I don't think it's something that someone would be able to notice in the physical sense. I also never mentioned to her what my specific disability is. I hope I answered your question in all that mess somewhere.

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; September 14th, 2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: removed potential identifying reference, mention of names leads to slander/liability issues