View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAk View Post
His main diet is Wellness Canned Chicken Formula(Grain Free)
Awesome! Sorry to jump to conclusions, it's just statistically most cats are fed dry food only.

Quote:
It's just that I feel guilty for leaving him home for so long that I need to have something down as a snack for him.
Depending on his eating habits, you can actually leave canned food out during the day (that's what I do). If he gobbles it all up in one sitting, that may not work, but what about an automatic feeder? Or, you can freeze small portions of wet food in an icecube tray and then plunk down a cube or two before you head off to work.

Quote:
So I was wondering if the Wellness CORE would be too much for an indoor cat or would it be just fine as a snack while I'm gone long days?
As long as at least 75% or your cat's diet is wet food, a small amount of dry won't be a huge issue, but in my oh-so-humble opinion, I think cats are better off without any kibble. Core would certainly be preferable to an "indoor" variety, just be careful with portion control because it is higher in calories.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler