View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
Brandon, ACDs are more assertive, more aggressive, probably more protective, less likely to befriend a stranger than a pb, only less formidable ( it might seem to people) due to lack of size/bulk and biting power, which is probably the only reason they've avoided the spotlight that pb's have on them. (although I think some towns in the States may have banned them.)I've had them for 35 years, I think my little pack got to 7 at one stage, so I do know a bit about how packs behave. Having read so much about pb's here I think now that it's bad owners, not bad dogs that is the problem. Never mind, people should lighten up. If an article can make someone laugh instead of think badly about a pb, this is not a bad thing. I'd far rather myself have a big slobbery/smiley dog coming at me than another person's cattle dog with that look in his eye.
I do not have experience with that breed so dont know all their characterictic traits but im sure they are more aggressive/protective. They are a working class dog more specific a hearding dog,and biting(nipping) is actually more prone for sure! I was saying strong and powerful as in mentally,and emotionaly not for the physical characteristics. It is bad owners,thats all I can say from reading and personal experience with the breed. As far as im concerned,any dog or animal can be conditioned,or trained to be aggressive/attack. Because after all you(the owner) are the teacher/parent(pack leader) Perfect examples is how Cesar Millan deals with red zone cases in dogs. Dogs will read you 110% quicker than a human reads a dog or another human. There is no way to "bs" a dog. They will read you before you even realize you know what you want to do. A balanced dog will bite an adult before it bites a kid.(Meaning the adult mind is too developed and displays way more bad vibes/signals then the average kid who is taught how to interact with a dog when first meeting it whos brain does not prosses as many receptors to the body an adult would.