View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2010, 08:06 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I have a couple of barfers too. They eat too fast for their stomachs to handle the amount of food that is there. In the "wild" they would only eat one mouse at a time and then start looking for another one. By the time they successfully catch and consume the second one the first would be digested properly. What you can try is to feed him a smaller amount, maybe a quarter of what you are now, and then repeat every two hours. When feeding the Science Diet please add some water to it. It is so dry I don't know how any cat could enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_Man View Post
Anyway, I knew I was going to get the standard fool-proof "go to the vet" answer, but I don't see a reason for going to the vet yet. If he had a stomach or digestive tract problem then it would also manifest after eating dry food and subsequently drinking water. That'll get just as mushy as straight wet food in the stomach.
You got the standard answer of going to the vet because any time a cat or dog vomits on a continual basis it is always good to get the opinion of an expert. Palpitating a belly manually does not always give you the answers you need. We are only following the rules of the board.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!