View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott View Post
Dogs who have resource guarding issues (possession aggression) usually constantly and consistanly guard their objects.

I have to wonder - would those who think you made the wrong decision still feel that this was the wrong decision if you had adopted a larger dog? If you had a lab that lunged for your wife's throat - I wonder if they still think you should keep and train the pup?

CLM - FYI - ANY BREED OF DOG IS CAPABLE OF KILLING OR SERIOUSLY INJURING SOMEONE. It is a very dangerous thing to think that a dog is harmless because of his size. One the list of dogs that have been involved in fatal attacks in the last 20 years - a pomeranian cross, a west highland white, a jack russel, and a dachshund. And no, they didn't all kill infants. If memory serves, all but the pomx killed adults.
Sorry Lavendar Rott, I don't buy it. If an adult can't stop a 20lb dog from killing them, they shouldn't have a dog, or a cat or a rabbit IMO. A dog that size would be capable of killing a child or infant. Point being, if they can't handle a dog that size and aren't willing to get professional help, then don't adopt a dog. That's my opinion and I'll stick to it.

Cindy