View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2015, 04:41 PM

Thank you for your reply.
She was in the hospital for about a week.
It was not a urinary tract infection.
They were not sure, but suspect the food.
The company had requested it back and had it tested I have not heard from them. I should have had it tested myself. Our other cat had died just 10 days earlier while in the hospital. I went everyday and sat with Iddy and hand fed her. Now that she is home, I still have to put a piece of food in her mouth about every 7 days. She's not 100% herself, but close, and alive!

The food was "supposed" to be a premium food, made in the USA. Turns out some of the ingredients were NOT USA. The food was Evolve dry cat food. http://www.evolvepetfood.com/#!cat-food/cruz At one time is WAS a premium cat food. The company had been purchased by proctor and Gambol and had already had 8 recalls within the last year since that purchase. NOT A GOOD FOOD!! And Cat food poisoned seems much more difficult to determine, due to the fact most cats wander about who knows where, and there can be a quick assumption of "Oh he must have gotten into something" .. Or "Someone poisoned him" kind of thing. I am positive it was the food. Everyone is now on bottled water and so far safe US food.