View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Thumbs down Get the facts about breeds

First of all Bullmastiffs do not look like pits they are larger and less aggressive. I do not have a problem with pits or staffs they are great dogs it is about the owners. I have owned a Neapolitan Mastiff and I now own a English Mastiff and these dogs are very laid back, also suppose to be aggressive.They would only be aggresssive if someone attacked them or me then it would be another story. My Neo used to get bit by a JRT constantly in the park and never did a thing about it the owner thought it was cute, I think it is ignorant and breeds aggression in his already aggressive dog. I did say to him I don't think you will be laughing if one day my guy has had enough and bites your dog back, he never did. He had the nerve to tell me I should not own these types of dogs because they are aggressive and you can not train them properly and will most likely turn me. How ignorant can one dog owner be but this is the type of attitude of stupid uneducated people.
These pit if that is what they are will have to be put down for safety reasons they could not be trusted now. If the owner is the one who was attacked by here own dogs I would call that just desserts she has obviously brought these dogs up to be aggressive and it is her own fault. If they are not hers than I feel sorry for her and the owner should be paying all the costs involved for her and the dog that was killed, and the cost to the city for the capture of the dogs and any other damage and injury they cause.
I also agree with the other comment about the dogs that have the highest incidents of biting is the ever popular golden.