View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Doggie Wench

These two dogs in particular had just moved into the home 1 month ago. As Frenchy says, new home, new people, children, toddlers, another dog with puppies, an infant, no training, no supervision, etc, etc...it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodletalk View Post
I would like the dogs to go through a complete evaultion, blood and temperment to see if their a danger to society, what are the chances of them doing this again or even biting.
Poodletalk, by the time these dogs are assessed, they will be so anxiety ridden with yet again more upheavals in their lives, chances are they will fail most tests. Of course, if put into the exact same situation, they are likely to do it again. How many dogs wouldn't?? Thing is, we don't test these sort of things because most people know better than to throw strange dogs and children into a room unsupervised together . We work on prevention, on training, and when unable to supervise, we manage the situation by containing our dogs and keeping our children safe. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know better.

Quote:
I think the owner of the huskies is just as responsible as the ignornant mother. He should have never put his dogs in a situation they couldn't handle. He must have known, his dogs weren't good with kids or babies. Or they were unpredictable. Yet, he put them in a home with a baby. Totally irresponsible pet owner.
Absolutely agree with you. As their owner, he is 100% responsible for their actions. Not only did he leave them wander after numerous warnings from neighbors, they were seen in a neighbor's field with a 4-5 year old girl....unsupervised .

Quote:
...someone needs to take responsibilty for that.
What eats me up...after all the interviews I've seen, not one person has accepted any responsibility whatsoever. The father says, "she's a good mother, it's not her fault. I wasn't there, I was applying for welfare." He goes on to say "I don't make money to pay for the funeral but I'll figure it out." Wth, we're supposed to feel sorry for the lazy SOB?? The owner of the dogs says, "I feel guilty, they are my dogs. But you can't control things like that." If i could wrap my hands around that idiot's neck . And the lawyer for the grandmother, she says, "Well, she's relieved no charges were laid against her." So it was just an accident and life goes on? No one accepts responsibility, no one should get punished? A human being, an innocent newborn, has just lost her life and NOT ONE PERSON IS RESPONSIBLE?? NOT ONE SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR THE TOTAL DISREGARD FOR THIS BABY'S LIFE??

I cannot accept the sheer stupidity and ignorance of all the people involved in this tragic incident as an excuse for the loss of this baby's life.