View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2014, 09:52 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxaLisa View Post
What's important is finding out if your dog has Addison's, and, then, as mentioned above, getting the meds right.

Good luck!
Thank you MaxaLisa and your absolutely correct. My daughter is venturing back to the States on Tuesday and has already scheduled an appointment with their regular vet. Fortunately both Vets communicated wonderfully with each other and have exchanged files with each other. One less thing for my daughter to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsqU4r3d View Post
I have found that as long as you have her on a good high quality food (I have a rotation of Petcurean's GO line of food alternating between the chicken, duck, and their turkey-chicken-trout formulations) that will suffice. I do watch the treats making sure none of then have high potassium or sodium. Diet does not seem to play a large part with Addisons. As for meds they will most likely get you to try the florinef as the mineralocorticoid . It comes in tablet form....but in Miikkas case it did not seem to work satisfactorily. The percorten-v is more expensive and has to be injected intramuscularly. Lots of blood test will be required when you first start treatment, but once you get the meds fine tuned only a yearly test is needed. When I start lowering Miikkas percorten-v next month a monthly blood test will be reqiured to monitor her various levels. Glad I could be of some help.
I cannot thank you enough CsqU4r3d for sharing this information. Your experience with Addison's will assist in better understanding the disease should the results come back positive.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)