View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

This is somewhat of a training issue. Are you going to be taking any training classes.

My opinion is dont give him the opportunity to get to the poop. You will have to be in control of the dog. You may have to be more vigilient even after puppy stages as some dogs like to eat things off the ground.

Take some treats on your walk. See if you see any signs of the behavior as you walk. If you see something about to happen then I would take out a treat and distract them from the bad behavior by getting their attention. If they respond praise and treat (reward) It will not take your puppy long to figure out they will be rewarded and hopefully this discourages the behavior.

I am sure there are lots of ways to approach this but start with that.

I used to use the folding tables and put the cat litter and food up on the table.

Oh and my boy ate the litter box twice on me.....my trainer said I shouldnt have left them alone long enough to get into trouble.

Best of luck and let us know how you make out
Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown