Thread: Dog love life!
View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davord View Post
I wanted to thank everybody for their time and interest in providing their inputs.
My decision of not neutering my dog is not the final one.
I understand issue of overpopulation, but I do not intend to let my dog go out of backyard or leash uncontrolled on impregnation spree. If he goes out he will be with me or with family member. Breeders who want to breed their dogs will do it with or without help of my dog. Him being not neutered should not increase overpopulation.
I do not agree with opinions of some that 'mutts' are of lesser value. Every dog is uniqe and individual, purebred and mixed breed, and my dog is just right the way he is.
I do apologize to put my post on your site. I was not aware of fact that this site is only for people who are against not neutering. Even though I am not sorry I did it because it gave me more information toward making final choice on neutering or not.
Again thank tou all.
I hope you don't think I was trying to imply that your mutt is of 'lesser value'. I have two mutts myself and love them just like any other dog. All I was saying is that there are many, many, many cockapoos without homes... and many purebreds as well. I find it appalling that many pet stores, BYB's, etc. give a mixed breed dog a designer name to try to market them better. A dog is a dog... I don't use the word "mutt" as an insult.

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama