View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM

I'm happy to say that the kittens are looking better. Spunky had what the vet thoguht was a food allergy, so we have started both kittens on a hypoallergenic diet. For the leukemia, we are giving both kittens Interferon (Spunky is getting shots and Sparky is getting it orally). Spunky has lymphnodes, but they seem to be getting smaller with the combination of the change in diet and the shots. The food allergy has cleared up as well. One thing that is worrysome is the fact that Spunky started eating litter on Tuesday morning. I took the litter away and am now using shredded paper from my office. I will give Spunky the shots for 2 and a half weeks and take the kittens back to the vet for a check up and see hoe they are doing. I am hoping this treatment will help keep them healthy so they can enjoy life. I'm just glad we can finally hold and play with the kittens. (they had ringworm when we first brought them home and were diagnosed with the leukemia when we found out the ringworm was gone. :sad: these kittens have had a rough go of life. :sad: )