Thread: This is Ali!
View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Willing cat servant

This is Ali!

Hi!
I'm posting for 2 reasons. One to introduce Ali. The dog we rescued with a badly injured leg.
She is an absolute sweetheart. I'm totally in love with her. Very friendly and loving. She's about the size of a cocker spaniel.
We found her in a park in front of a theater with an exposed bone fracture.
She was docile even in those moments of great pain for her. She had been wondering around for about a week with the bone showing up through her muscle and fur.
The emergency vet had to amputate since the bone was already infected. Her new vet doesn't agree much how he did the "cut" because she thinks he should have removed higher so she doesn't have to carry extra weight on her hips but over all she says she'll be all right. We just need to keep checking on stump sores.
Friendly, happy, smoother than silk, curious and a total pinwheel this is ALI!
Name:  ali009.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  64.6 KB
Name:  ali003.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  75.6 KB
That's Ali with a little patient at the vet
Name:  ali007.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  48.8 KB

Right now she's staying at her new vet. She's allowed outside the kennel and very happy and looking for a home.
Now the second reason why I'm posting is: Where can I find good articles about the care of disabled dogs (in this case an amputee of a hind leg) .
How to exercise them and overall how to make them comfortable and happy in the day to day living.
If you know where can I find info on this that would be awesome